"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
I've been reading a series of prayer guide written by a Taiwanese pastor, Pastor Yeh, titled "Prayers For Seeking A Godly Marriage." It is a book similar to "Letters To Karen" (by Charlie W. Shedd, a collection of letters from a father to his daughter with straight talk about love in marriage, the things that build it up and the that tear it down, preparing his daughter for her future marriage. There's also "Letters to Philip" for guys.), a collection of prayer guides and words of encouragement and wisdom as they seek and pray for their future marriage. The one I am reading is specifically for sisters, there's also a "Prayers for Seeking A Godly Marriage" for brothers.
The words from a servant of God who has been married for years and has seen the struggles and journeys of many brothers and sisters in churches he's pastored have brought me new insights, as well as challenged and stretched my ways of thinking.
I have been encouraged to pray for myself and to be prepared by God for my future marriage ever since I was quite young, but actually praying for [1] and blessing my future husband in advance was an idea that's never occurred to me.
So the "Praying For Your Future Husband" (PFYFH) series here (I just named it that...) is basically a challenge posted in "Prayers For Seeking A Godly Marriage"-- fasting one meal per day and devoting 20 minutes in prayers seeking for future marriage... with diligent and unceasing prayers, pleading for the person God has prepared and for the marriage God has ordained.
I will do my best to jot down some of my words of prayers and personal thoughts following the Bible verses and guidance of "Prayers For Seeking A Godly Marriage."
[1] praying for the future husband here is not simply praying for him to come along, it's directly praying for him, prayers that go to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment