Saturday, February 25, 2012

Prayer 4- Thornbush Fencing

"Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way. She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. Then she will say, ‘I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.’" (Hosea 2:6-7)



Prayer:

Dear Jesus,
Would you surround me and my future husband with spiritual thornbushes as fencing, so that whatever is bad and harmful to us could not get close to us; especially those that would bring us sexual andidolatry temptations, Lord. pleaes block and seperate us from those. Lord, would you please cloth us with chastity and pureness, lead us not into exual temptations and deliver us from evil-- the emotional and physical violations.
Heavenly Father, please keep my future husband away from anything and location that woulc cause him to be tempted and lust; put on us the full armor of God, guide us and empower us to pray in the Spirit on all occasions (Eph. 6:10-18).




Personal reflection:

"You shall have no other gods before me," said the Lord.
There is no other gods other then our LORD, loving God requires focus, single-mindednesss, spiritual purity and chastity. We were created in God's own image and in His likeness, we are His utensils and instruments, and we ought to be used by our Lord according to this heart and will-- "if you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work." (2 Tim. 2:21, NLT)

I am committed to the continual reliance and surrender because I know very well that I have no ability for leading myself not into temptation nor delivering myself from evil. I can only commit this matter to God.
While I am commintted to loving the Lord with all my heart and surrendering my heart to Him, the evil one is also committed to "kill, steal, and destroy (Jn. 10:10)," tempting me to believe that the hurt and the pain is to separate me from the love of God.


Spiritual thornbush fences, the full armor of God, guarding of my heart, keep my eyes on Jesus....

No comments:

Post a Comment