Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Prayer 6- Pleasing the Lord

"I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord." (1 Corinthians 7:32)



Prayer

Dear Lord,
May "pleasing You" be the driving force of all the goals of mine and my future husband, help us to set that as our very first priority. Lord, also help us to cast all our anxiety on You, living one day at a time since each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34). Dear Jesus, please also teach us to set our minds on things above, things of Your Kingdom and glory. Taking up the responsibilities in all these places You have measured to us: our families of origin, careers, and Churches that we go to, so we can be pleasing in Your sight.
Jesus, fill my future husband with the grace of longing for Your Word so that his life would be filled with Your Words. I pray that during this time of his singleness, he would be hungry for Your Words, for the knowledge about Your Word and regarding You and Your Kingdom; I pray that he's be built up in those areas. I also pray that we would immerse ourselves in Your Word daily, grand us high Spiritual expectations, great desire to pursue Spiritual disciplines and high and holy standards for self-discipline.




Personal Reflection

It's all been said in my prayer, I really don't have much more to add to it.
I've always pictured a godly relationship like this: two people running on paths toward God and then noticed each other as they continue to run and continue pushing onward. How beautiful is the moment when two people notice each other, turn their faces to each other, smile, and say "oh hello there! you're going that way, too? Me, too!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment