Friday, February 24, 2012

Prayer 3- Closing The Doorway To The Heart and Waiting For The Lord's Preparation

You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride; you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain. (Song of Solomon 4:12)



Prayer:
Dear Jesus, would You close and seal the door of my heart, guard my heart until the advent of Your prepared time and place for my future husband to walk into my heart; would You close and seal the door of his heart, and guard his heart, too, until the coming of Your time and place for me to walk into his heart.
I particularly lift up my future husband today. When he is in need of emotional security and affirmation, I pray that you would prepare a group of godly men with similar levels of faith and love for You to grow with him in You.  I pray that Your Holy Spirit would fill him up with the love from the Father, and I pray that his mother would be able to pour out the Heavenly unconditional love to him; if he lacks the love from a biological mother, I pray that you would rise up a spiritual mother for him so that he would know and have a good comprehension of femininity (loving, tenderness, caring, sensitivity, nurturing, compassionate, selflessness, sacrificial, and other godly feminine qualities) from an appropriate source, deliver him from the temptation of the flesh.



Personal reflection:
Those who have been hurt in relationships would know how important it is to ask the Lord to close and seal the door of their hearts until the advent of the time and place the Lord has prepared (and the person, too, of course.) In a more everyday-joe term: "meeting the right person at that right time in the right place."
It's such a blessing to have groups of people who God has prepared and placed in our lives to walk alongside through different seasons of life, those who grow with us in the Lord, stretch and challenge us along the way.

I have never actually thought about praying for my future husband's mother (well, I guess that would be my "future mother-in-law", or my future mom, too!); and not only praying for her, but also praying for his emotional needs and needs for motherly love. This really brings me some new insights!
It's very emotionally traumatic to meet the "wrong person" and be hurt and trampled. What hurts more is usually the self-blame, the lowering of self-esteem, the loosing of hope (of some sort), and the fear of future rejection... a pretty messy package, basically.
Without our hearts being guarded by the Lord, it is so tempting to do "whatever it takes" or "whatever I've got" to pursue the "love" that we long for, and then following that pursuit, the messy package.

I pray for myself, and I pray for those around me.
The blessings of the Lord are abundant and sufficient, He is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment