“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” II Corinthians 12:9 [The Bible] Just this and that about my life...
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Catalyst. Risen Jesus. I Do.
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14
Got back from Catalyst at the end of last week, I am absolutely filled with gratefulness and joy. I am grateful for all the things Jesus has done during Catalyst, and all the different ways He has encountered people, including myself.
My slow recovery from the car accident had worn me out in very unpleasant ways. I got through a "Paul phase" and "David phase", and then doctor's appointments after doctor's appointments, physical therapy after physical therapy... and still I wasn't walking as well as I had hoped to, lead along running!
"It must have been hard for you, Charis, as active as you were, but you have to let it take its time, it'll come," said my doctor.
I finally could walk on my own in April (yes, I made it through CityLights with a cane!), and then now, "you look normal from far!" according to Jordan.
My physical condition had caused me to feel very insufficient in my ability to relate to students (I simply couldn't be at functions and events physically and couldn't be on campus as much as I had been able to...) and consequently wondered whether I am could still be a fitting instrument for Jesus in the field of student ministry.
Jesus always works wondrously and unexpectedly.
As I have been praying for affirmation and confirmation for my calling, among the many ways Jesus had spoken to me and opened my eyes, Catalyst was one of them.
I had forgotten how it is like when Jesus randomly draws people to me to pour out their hearts, I had forgotten how easy it is for me to related to people, I had forgotten how Jesus puts people on my heart and opens my eyes to see their hearts, I had forgotten how satisfying and sweet it is to partner closely with Jesus and those who love Him this way... I had forgotten how I've been blessed with much.
I often think when children see me, they see these Mickey Mouse ears on me that are invisible to adults because children are so easily drawn to me.
Same way with students.
Mickey Mouse ears may not be what they see (hopefully really not!), but I think when they see me, they see something.
I pray that it is love and Jesus that they see.
I was in tears for numerous times, simply from seeing how Jesus was encountering people.
My heart was so touched by Jesus through the ways He was touching people.
God is a good God.
One of our students from Mizzou ACF made the ever-so-wonderful decision to commit his life to follow Jesus, two of them made public professions of faith.
The ACFers definitely encountered Jesus in very personal ways individually. They have bonded with each other and gotten to know each other well, they have made the commitment to keep each other accountable, developed a very mutual and unified vision for ACF, and have grown even deeper love for Jesus.
I am so excited to see how they will passionately follow Jesus in the days to come, and I look forward to experiencing more of God's goodness and faithfulness through being a part of their lives.
I am celebrating and giving thanks in advance!
The risen Jesus, indeed.
The same risen Jesus who restored my heart and my passion, the same risen Jesus who slowed me down so I can see broader and greater things, the same risen Jesus who is so good, who does amazing things, who loves, who lives... the same same risen Jesus who transformed lives in Catalyst!
My name is Charis, I want to give glory to God! :)
Labels:
Life- this and that
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment