Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prayer 8- Love Comes From God

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:7-8


Prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus:
Please help me and future husband to learn how to love in our families and Churches. Help us to see our obvious limitations, even through the frustrations, trials and errors in close relationships we have with people around us. Would you open our eyes to see how insufficient we are in the area of being loving, knowing that we cannot love others well with our own strength. 
Lord, I commit this insufficiency into Your hands, and I ask that You would crucify my inability on the cross. We desperately need You to dwell within us, so Jesus, would you generate enough love in us so that we can love one another with the love of Jesus. 
I pray that my furutre marriage would be glorifying to God and serving to men, including myself and my future husband.





Personal Reflection:

To love and be loved is a very natural desire for human-beings. As followers of Jesus, I was first loved by the immeasurable and unfailing everlasting love of Jesus so I can love myself and others around me.

Loving myself. 
Sounds easy and natural but it really wasn't. Insecurity is something girls so easily struggle with, including myself, it is also an area I've asked and received so much healing from the Lord in. The battle with "I'm not [good, tall, short, skinny, pretty, etc., fillin the blank] enough" is so real and so constant. Without anchoring my self-esteem and trust in Jesus and fixing my eyes one Him, I could so easily slip into doubts and wonderings. But thankfully, Jesus is so good, through many things He's taught me to be content in Him and through His love, I could confidently love myself just as I am. When I could love myself, I could then love others with a joyful heart.

Loving WELL.
Hmmm... so I am (hypothetically) allergic to coffee --> haha, yeah right, right?! and you share your favorite kind of coffee with me. The thought is very loving and kind but it's not so cool when I break out in allergic reaction.
Right. Love must be done wisely and well. You get the idea: your idea of love and being loved vs. mine.

No one's born with perfect ability to love expect for Jesus Himself. 
Through trials and errors, unfortunately, is how we learn things, including how to love and be loved. Hurtful experiences in the past were unavoidable and done, picking ourselves us and run into the arms of Jesus and seek healing and helpful insights of how to make things right in the future would make us better equipped travelers on this journey of growth.

In all areas of my life, I want to be glorifying to God and serving to men. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment