Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution No. 1





"Rich" or "wealthy" usually are not words that would use to describe myself, especially materially; but after seeing this and hearing the sermon this Sunday, I think I could consider myself very rich.


Growing up, I didn't always get what I want and desire for, but I have also never had to worry about the next meal or a roof over my head, nor did I have to worry about not being able to continue school or not being able to see a doctor when I'm ill.

"I only see what I have, not what I don't", a famous disabled artist said when being asked how she could live so happily with her physical disabilities.
When I look at what I have and count all the blessings in my life, I can certainly say that I am very happy and content with how it is.

"What can I do for those in need?" I wondered to myself, "how can my hands be used to touch people's lives and make them better?"
I pray that my eyes can be opened to see the need of others and my heart can be softened to tend to those needs. I also pray that I could have a willing heart to give what I have, and have continued goodness, kindness and love in me so that I would not grow cold or numb to the people aching in the darkness or reaching out for help.

In 2011, one of my New Year's resolution is to have a heart that cares for people and hands that tend to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment