![]() |
| Miss Dior Cherie |
"How you know?" I asked.
"Because I could smell you" she replied.
Ha, I found it interesting that she knew I where I was just by the smell! (well, hey, I shower, ok??)
She went on asking me: "do you wear perfume? what kind? the way you smell reminds me of those magazine cover girls with pretty dress and looked so elegant!"
Okay...so I guess even though it's just the way I smelled reminded her of those cover girls, it's not too bad laaa...
"So you can smell the fragrance when you see a magazine! Your eyes and nose are automatically linked to each other!" I made fun of her.
She said, "girls who smell good bring people good moods! It's only very recent that girls in China start wearing perfumes" (she herself is from China.)
I laughed.
![]() |
| Coco Chanel Mademoiselle |
My love for perfumes started when when my mother bought me a jar of Tommy Girl when I was in high school, it is a classic light fresh scent of jasmine. Even till now I still have a bottle on the shelf, not only for the scent of the fragrance but for what it represents.
For right now, my favorite scents are: Miss Dior Cherie ("Cherie" means darling or sweetheart in French), Coco Chanel Mademoiselle, and Estee Lauder Pleasure.
Miss Dior Cherie is one of those "elegant" scent, when I need to dress up when I would put it on.
I would describe this scent as "noble, elegant, yet friendly."
Coco Chanel Mademoiselle and I met in the airport when I realized that I had forgotten to pack a bottle of perfume when I went to Korea.
The scent brings "sweet and warm with expressions of happiness" to my mind.
Estee Lauder Pleasure has three different scent in the series, my favorite is the Sandalwood Amber Splash. It is a very refreshing scent, and suitable for daily-wear, especially in summer.
To me, it is a refreshing and pleasant expression, and paints a picture of being in a summer floral dress with sunglasses, under the warm summer sun, barefooted on the grass, having a frolic and really at ease.
![]() |
| Estee Lauder Pleasure (the one in the left is the Sandal wood Amber Splash) |
A scent is not just an impression, it's actually contagious.
I am very sensitive to the smell, the smell of cigarette or other pungent scents could easily make me sneeze.
Ever since I was a kid, I've always been afraid of the heavy sweaty smell of guys (and girls). I think that girls should smell charmingly sweet and guys should smell comfortable and clean.
I guess good smells bring me some degree of security and stability.
Scent is really a subtle matter.
Too little or too much are equally undesired. Smelling like half a bottle of perfume was accidentally spilled or too many pumps of cologne could both ruin the nice intention.
What kind of scent would evoke or awaken what emotions or memories for you?



No comments:
Post a Comment