Sunday, January 9, 2011

Asparagus vegetable medley + Sunday lunch gathering!

Asparagus vegetable medley
Don't know what to bring for spontaneous impromptu gatherings?
Here's a quick and easy dish that is pretty, well-liked, and nutritious!



You will need:
Asparagus: a bunch
Butter squash x1
Baby carrots
Cucumber x1
Minced garlic
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Dried parsley (optional)
Lemon pepper (optional)

Here is how:
Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash and clean all the veggies, no need for any peeling.
Cut the asparagus into 3-4 pieces, separate the thicker pieces and the thinner pieces.
Cut the squash and cucumber into pieces as desired.
Bring a pot of water to boil (I put my carrots in when from the beginning because I like mine soft, but that's up to you), then boil all the vegetables BRIEFLY**.
Remove from water and drain well.
In a big bowl, toss and mix together the vegetables and minced garlic, salt, pepper and oliver oil (and the optional spices).
Bake the vegetables in a 9x9 square pan for 10 minutes, and you're ready to go.

**: put the thick asparagus pieces in first, then cucumber and squash, and then then thin asparagus pieces last. About a 2-3 minutes boil is sufficient!

Sunday after Church service, since I suggested welcoming Soa's brother who's new to the country with a lunch gathering, John and Ingrid nicely offered John's place and grilled hamburgers!!

Yummy!
John's hamburger patties are very very delicious, I may have to ask for the recipe some time!!
(and, I admit, despise my diet... I had a regular sized hamburger AND a small small one...)


No comments:

Post a Comment