Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trials & Errors

I apparently should have practiced my casual signature!
The first batch of my announcement letter went out yesterday!
If I said that I wasn't nervous or anxious I'd be a liar, but at the same time, I am also super excited!
The idea of calling people up and meeting up to share my vision and passion is actually fun for me (oh, we extraverts!), just the "hi, I haven't spoken with you in a while... can we meet up and chat?" part feels uneasy.

Among the many tips Adams' given me on doing this, one of them was: sign all your letters by hand.
And I remember asking: "what kind of signature? like on my credit card?"

Well, this seemingly easy task actually takes practice!
On this "practice" one in the picture, I actually first signed "Charis," and then thought... "wait, that doesn't look right, maybe I should add 'Chiu', too!"

So I did.
And trials and errors indeed! (as seen in the picture...)


I eventually got it all (kinda) figured out, but still working on the writing people's name in a straight line... I am just too used to have ruled lines on my papers and typing!
I also have just finished the Chinese version of it for folks who need that and mom is working on checking it for me, since writing a formal letter in Chinese has become quite challenging for me now.


When you have a minute, would you pray for these letters and my follow-up works?
I hope that USPS doesn't fail me this time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment