Rachael and April are amazing... along with all my ACFers who are so dear to my heart.
But one thing about Rachael is that she is sooooo good at doing hair.
Now, I know that the scripture tells us "your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes." (1 Peter 3:3), and I am NOT endorsing the braiding of hair over the pursuit of inward beauty. But growing up, I've always hoped for a sister, and I've also always hoped that I would know how to do my own hair.
Unlike many other girls, I didn't grow up with a mom who knows how to do much with my hair (or her own, for that matter...), I grew up finding my fine, thin, frizzy , naturally curly hair REALLY cumbersome and frustrating, putting my hair all up in a ponytail had been my solution for the longest time, until I discovered blow-drying and styling products.
Then it's been straight and being worn down for the longest time, till before CityLights.
Rachael is my childhood dream come true.
It all begun when we were studying in Memorial Union one afternoon during finals week. Rachael had her hair braided in this super awesome way, so I said "I wish I knew how to braid my hair, too!"
"I can teach you!"Rachael said.
"Well, I am quite clumsy with my fingers, and I don't think my hair could be done like that..." I immediately responded.
Knowing my difficult hair, I thought that my hair could not be braided... at least that's what I've been told when I was 5, by my cousin who was frustrated with her attempts of braiding my hair.
"It's not that difficult, and I am sure your hair could hold up the braiding."she affirmed me.
And that afternoon, right there and then, she braided my hair for the first time.
I was super surprised.
It's like, seeing Santa Clause standing before me after being told that he doesn't exist (he doesn't!??) for the longest time.
So began the sisterhood formation over hair-braiding.
I told Rachael that I totally want her to do my hair for my wedding... that's how good she is!
(But now come to think about it, I change my mind... I want her to just be there and celebrate with me.)
Isn't this so crazy good!? And she did it within 10 minutes!
(Argh.. my hair really turned very light this summer....)
And April?
April and I share the same interest for photography (and other stuff, too)!
She was the one who took all these work-in-progress pictures, and other ones that will remain with me...
For a first-time DSLR user, really not too bad at all.
And now I have lots of pictures of myself... well, I did just photographed an event before hanging out with the girls, so being shot was fun!
Yup, hairdo, a movie, catching up, food... good times!
| Bonus question: can you tell which one is which?! :) |
That's some awesome hairstyling skill!!!!
ReplyDelete