“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” II Corinthians 12:9 [The Bible] Just this and that about my life...
Monday, February 28, 2011
Be With, Be Among, Be In
I must have been "ultrally" (I know, I make up my own words!) nice these days! I was given flowers 2 days in a row!
One being put on my finger (but she insisted that she wasn't marrying me... yea, very good job, theological and morally correct in every way!!!) and the other presented with a hug.
In the CityLights project team meeting this afternoon, we had a discussion on minimizing and eliminating the prejudice that may occur due to the cultural and background differences. We spent a good amount of time discussing how God's grace is expressed differently and comes in different shape and form in the people who we will be going to, caring for, and serving.
Bending toward them, not pulling them up to our eye-level is something that will take lots of heavenly love to achieve, but is the "must-have" attitude for a project like CityLights.
The analogy of "the world of legs and big butt" came up during the discussion.
Ever wonder how little toddlers' worlds are like?
Yes, full of legs and butts.
(So next time when you see fuzzy toddlers waddling through grocery isles, you'd know why... smile to them!!!)
And I suddenly got it! I realized why I got my hug along with the Hershey's KISSES rose!
It was because I squatted down to her as I took the "flower" from her!
It's just my habit to be close to kids when they approach me and be like one of them when I am among them (many times I think that when babies see me, they see "adult-invisible mickey mouse ears" on me, because babies really like to giggle to me...).
The Kingdom of Jesus is a kingdom of service.
May my heart be prepared daily as the time for going to the project approaches.
Bending down to people & seeing through their eyes.
Be with them, among them, and in them.
Labels:
Life- this and that
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kids and babies always love you, you're so good with them!
ReplyDeleteRemember that one time you rocked Justiny's baby girl to sleep when no one else was able to tame her down? we still talk about that... whatever is in your eyes and your humming voice!
I've always pictured you being a wonderful mom in the future :o)
Hahaha, yes, I do love kids and babies. Justiny's girl is soooo sweet! I miss her a lot!!
ReplyDeleteWell, I pray that I could be a good mother in the future, but that's not really up to me alone in any way :)