Friday, March 4, 2011

Cheerio Treats (& some thoughts...)


Well, I personally think that this is a "healthier" alternative to the "Rice Krispie Treats" .
It's really really very simple and requires zero baking, just mix and stir and there you have it. Since it's so simple, I didn't feel the need to a step-by-step pictorial instruction walk-through... not wanting to insult anyone's intelligence here!


Ingredients:
Cheerios (I mixed the chocolate and original flavored, but it can be any desired/preferred kind) 8 cups

Butter 1/4 cup

Marshmallows 1 bag (10 oz.) --> telling from experience, it's easier if you get the smaller pieces instead of the big ones




Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until they are melted and blended with the butter.

Remove from heat and add Cheerios (make sure you gave a BIG enough mixing bowl, also, this step can get really sticky, and I mean, sticky!). Mix until evenly coated.

Scoop into a greased 13x9 pan then cool for an hour or two.

Cut into small squares and enjoy!




I am really big on managing my time accordingly so I can get things done in a efficient and timely manner. So when I really want to bring a dish or to two to group gatherings on weekdays, I seek for simple yet delicious recipes.

The ACF prayer meeting tonight was very enjoyable. Prayers, encouragements, laughters, and sharings, LOTS of them!
I am really thankful for the opportunity to meet the ACFers since I've always have this age group of people in my heart and have always enjoyed campus ministries.
God works in unexpected yet miraculously beautiful ways!


I volunteered to bring some things because I remember how when I was an undergrad, I felt bad going to these church group gathering empty-handed, and now I also know how much work can be involved for the host to have to prepare foods and such.

I hope that this gesture could be a form of encouragement to the undergrads, knowing that they don't have to feel bad for not helping to bring something to the table, because someone else with larger capacities will!
And that is the beauty of the body of Christ.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment